Wednesday 19 June 2013

Use what you have, so it can Grow

Today I asked my oldest, who is 12 years old,  if she is already praying in Tongues. She said: yes, but not so confident as my husband and I or other adults."

I then told her to look at baby language. How many words do they know? Not many, but they can communicate with that to us. Their language will grow as they grow.

I then encouraged her to use whatever utterings she has. It will grow with confidence.

This catapulted my mind into a flow. This is how we are gifted and using our gifts. We have to use them, no matter how small or insecure we are about them. As we get more experience through using them, we will grow and so will our gift. I then remembered the story of the servant who buried his talent. He never took the time to develop it. Maybe he expected it to operate perfectly without him putting much effort into it.
The Lord of the gifts was not amused.  The one who mastered his talent multiplied it and was given more.

This means to me now, that as you grow in your gift, you then teach others to use theirs and you will start flowing in other gifts. The Lord trusting you with more gifts.

I desire to grow in the Lord. I am a busy mother and have a growing business too. For me to be able to share my thoughts with you, I feel that i am emptying myself and then I receive more. If I was to contain everything in me, it might be lost trough forgetfulness. But me sharing this with you is, I guess in a way, multiplying this gift. Because I hope you, my dear readers, feel encouraged.

Well, may God bless you in your walk with Him, reveal your gift and help you to develop them.

Just start by using what you have.

God Bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment